I'm an engineering research associate in the Poldrack Lab at Stanford University and
an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. My research interests are in the development and analysis of statistical machine learning techniques motivated by, and applied to
various modern big data problems. I am particularly interested in the analysis of large scale neuroimaging and genetics data. My CV is available here.
I will be joining the Department of Computer Science at
the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign as an Assistant Professor in Fall 2016.
I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a PhD in Electrical Engineering advised by
Joydeep Ghosh. My postdoctoral research
is primarily with Russell A. Poldrack
and Pradeep Ravikumar.
- Invited talk at @ Gatsby Unit, UCL (abstract,
(July, 2016) -- also @ TTI-Chicago (June, 2016), University of Amsterdam (July, 2016).
- Tutorial on time-varying dynamic brain connectivity @ PRNI 2016
- Invited talk at Information Theory and Applications Workshop (Feb. 2016).
- I co-organized Stamlins @ ICML 2015
with >Bertrand Thirion
and >Lars Kai Hansen.
- I was a program chair for the 5th International Workshop on Pattern Recognition in Neuroimaging.
- Invited talk at Neuroimaging meta-analysis methods workshop @ Neurospin, INRIA (Apr. 2015).
- Invited talk at Information Theory and Applications Workshop (Feb. 2015).
- Invited talk at UNC Biostatistics (Oct. 2014).
- Visit and talk at Parietal team, INRIA (Sep. 2014).
- Moved to Stanford! (Aug. 2014).
- I co-organized the workshop on
Divergence Methods for Probabilistic Inference (DMPI) at >ICML 2014
with >Jun Zhu, >Mark Reid
and >Eric Xing (June 2014).
- OHBM Trainee Award for "Exploratory Analysis of Imaging and Behavioral Phenotypes with Sparse CCA" (Mar. 2014).
student paper award for "Constrained Bayesian Inference for Low Rank Multitask Learning" (July 2013).
- Co-chair of the AAAI 2010 Symposium on Manifold Learning and its Applications with >Richard Souvenir (Nov. 2010).
- Qualcomm "Q" award of Excellence (pdf) (2006, 2007).
- Outstanding NJIT NCE/ECE >student award (2005).